First Year Highlights
The Creager Law Firm, PLLC
Selected Highlights of our First Year
March 1, 2008 to March 1, 2009
- Recovered a total of over $1.5 million for Creager Law Firm clients in serious personal injury matters.
- Co-counsel on Virginia Supreme Court appeal which successfully upheld $10 million jury verdict recovered in Circuit Court of the City of Norfolk. See Werner Enterprises, Inc. v. Zoll, Virginia Supreme Court Record No. 082113 (Virginia Supreme Court Order entered February 19, 2009 held “the Court is of opinion there is no reversible error in the judgment complained of”). The $10 million verdict is one of the largest personal injury verdicts ever upheld by the Virginia Supreme Court.
- Lead counsel on consolidated federal appeal involving judgments totaling $36 million. See Schwinn v. Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. (Record No. 08-1608) pending in United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- Selected by other Virginia lawyers as a Virginia SuperLawyer in 2006, 2007, and 2008.
- Won Order from Orange County Circuit Court granting motion for new trial in serious personal injury case.
- Seminar speaker at Tractor-Trailer Litigation Seminars in Fairfax and Arlington
- Seminar speaker at Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Advanced Brain Injury Retreat in Richmond
- Seminar speaker at George Mason Inns of Court seminar in Arlington, Virginia, on mediation presentations in serious personal injury cases.
- Participated in Boyd-Graves Conference again in 2008; selected to Chair Subcommittee of Boyd-Graves Conference Studying Supersedeas Bonds.
- Continued to serve as active member of Boyd-Graves Conference Steering Committee; Virginia Bar Association Litigation Section Counsel; Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Board of Governors.